Back at School


Vienna and the Birds

We managed to schedule our first visit with the Grade 6 class at St Rita School on one of the only decent days in February. Before we headed outside to learn (and play!) about Biodiversity and Citizen Science we stopped by the Grade 3 class to check in. Their enthusiasm and curiosity about birds and what they could do to help them was contagious!

"I like using eBird because it gives you a chance to learn about new birds…It makes me feel like I want to see birds more often, and I want to try to reduce waste so I can help the birds…
I want to try to go outside more often to look for more different types of birds!" - Vienna, Grade 3

Brennan showing his "I Wonder" pages

"I like using eBird because you can help birds be the right number so they don’t go extinct. I’d like to discover a new species of bird. Now I know how many birds have been discovered." - Brennan, Grade 3

Grade 6 students taking it in
The Grade 6 class, joined by a handful of Grade 5s were attentive and thoughtful as we discussed the importance of healthy biodiversity and how we can get involved in Citizen Science. We look forward to taking this group on a bird walk in a few weeks!





Comments